3/21/09

Tricksta Sista

I was really excited about the interview Friday with Dallas Morning News. I, of course, had to wear head to toe vintage but also wanted to wear something that reflected ME. Now, you'll have to forgive me for posting this today (Saturday at freakin 3am) but I was in the middle of finishing up the signage for the grand openin before I noticed I hadnt posted today -rather yesterday... You have to see this sign though. I etched a floor length miror with my logo....move over Martha!) Its super cool. I gotta distress it some more but not tonight...

Anyways: Here's the breakdown -

The shoe booties are one of my favorite finds. Snagged these Yves Saint Laurent 70s safari collection ankle boots at a Goodwill for a price SO cheap, I flet like I was committing larceny as I walked out of the place.

The "dress" is one of my silk maxi skirts that I'm wearing as a strapless dress. It is VERY VERY full so to trick it up, I pinned back a section from both sides to form sort of a tuxedo tail in back and column dress in the front. This shot makes me look like I have a freakin fupa - which I soooo do NOT have - trust me! I was just too damn lazy to have Scott re-take it. As I was saying....The wide stripes reflect my bold - cut & dry "i'll tell it to ya straight" Northeast attitude and the little tux tails trick hints to my creative sensibility.

The tiny bolero is a nod to the softer side of me. Notice its a CROPPED bolero - hence there is just a small soft side of me. Just enough to balance out the rest of me.

Alright - I'm about to FALL OUT TIRED so I gotta go.....Til next time!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

You are great! I have been telling all of my friends about you and then some. I met you this past Friday. I had my son with me.
Dawn