3/24/09

Start the Kimono-tion

Back when this song came out I use to always picture Mrs Roper in one of her crazy kimonos dancing to this video. Its one of my "Happy Place"songs that I do my own little crazy dance to - gets me up and going - keeps the spirits up!


The Wiseguys: Start the commotion


I had been thinking about this song as the FAB editorial gang over at Dallas Morning News began to "start the commotion" on Friday with the most favorable media coverage regarding our grand opening. It continued on Saturday also as offers to do joint venture fashion events this spring began rolling in and a gal from Modern Luxury came in to interview me for an upcoming story in their magazine.

When I got home that night and was telling my husband the events of the day, I was dancing around like a freak with a huge grin on my face thanking God for his blessings on my business - especially when I'm tying to expand it during one of the worst economic times of my generation! Those who know me well have seen me do my little 'happy happy - joy joy" dance and can probably picture the scene right now as they read this *grin*

I woke up today still amazed at the favor of God on my life and felt like wearing my 'Mrs Roper' Kimono (one of many I collect) as a reminder of His blessings & to keep that joyous feelin goin.



what I wore:
  • champagne satin & rhinestone stilettos
  • gap modern boot cut jeans
  • vintage silk camisole
  • vintage floral short kimono robe
  • vintage black leather belt w/golden rope buckle
  • vintage 'koi' pendant necklace
  • vintage gold hammered cuff bracelet with green stones
  • vintage asian necklace with faux jade gems

1 comment:

Edward Ruiz Art said...

thanks for visiting the gallery . hope to see ya soon.

edward ruiz

exposition park

Love your style and wish parkerhawn vintage much success!!