4/3/09

Ellafunk

Woke up missin WBGO (my fav NJ radio station) so I was feelin in a jazzy-scatty kind of mood. Those who have seen the movie 'Thick as Thieves' know what I mean. Decided to listen to some Ella Fitzgerald to console myself. That child there created the original Elllafunk sound (not to be confused with Black-eyed-peas Elephunk)


Ella Fitzgerald
'Give Me The Simple Life'
1969 Montreux Jazz festival

With "Give me the Simple Life" as my inspiration, I pulled out some basic seperates and then funked it up with a some statement jewelry. And yes....that IS an "elephant" pendant. Sorry - I just couldn't resist!

What I wore:
  • Loeffler Randall satin peep toe platform Heels
  • Vintage Bagatelle hi-waisted linen bellbottoms
  • Vintage lace trimmed side tie babydoll pajama top
  • Vintage oversized elephant head pendant necklace
  • Vintage 'Home Interiors' gold tone bamboo cuff
  • Vintage Monet chunky gold tone scroll bracelet
  • Local Charm Silver filigree druizy quartz cocktail ring


No comments: