11/4/11

Friday Finds: $5 Le Creuset Cookware

This weeks edition of Friday Finds is all about the kitchen!  I've always been "enamoured with enamel" and snatch it up whenever I come across it while thrifting. This weeks edition of Friday Finds focuses on the  holy mother of cookware: Le Creuset!


My 1st find was this #26 10.5" skillet and lid set. Was from this little shop in downtown Westfield. For the life of me I cant recall the name, but message me and I can give you directions of how to get there. Now, I'll be honest, most days this place was a miss but as with most stores, you gotta keep on comin back just in case that holy grail shows up *grin*  They were having a store wide sale this particular day so the place was packed. I maneuvered my way over to the housewares section and there she was *sigh* Sittin all by her lonesome on the bottom shelf pushed towards the back. I was in utter disbelief when I saw "Le Creuset" on the lid and then nearly peed my pants when I flipped it over to see the $5 price tag. Needless to say, I made a beeline to the register! As soon as I got home, I gave her a good soak in boiling soapy water followed by a brisk baking soda scrub. That's all it took to make her good as new!



The find put me on a hard core mission for the next few months. I was determined to find another piece. You can only imagine my delight when I came across this matching whistling kettle at Goodwill.  Tagged $4.99 thank you very much *giggles* Yes, It had a few nicks in the enamel ("beauty spots" as I like to call them) but that only added to the character. Gave it the same "spa" treatment as the skillet and voila.... Tea Time!



No comments: